Hey, gosh the week just flies by doesn’t it? It has been another busy one. After work on Tuesday the pavements didn’t look great, so I went to aerobics instead of a run. Wednesday I had a late meeting, so finally got home after 8pm- missed my Sweatshop run (I knew I would this week) -no way I was going out then! Thursday I went to pump, and Friday I did a short run (3 miles) after work, before the snow. Which never came to anything, I think we just had rain here overnight.
Our neighbours built a snowman and then painted it- although now it looks a lot worse for wear!
This morning I went out for a run before breakfast. My road is just awful now- so much ice. I slipped along a lot, (even walking in the road instead of the pavement was no better) but once I got to the cleared pavements it was fine. 3.4 miles done- 3 out of 4 runs this week, and tomorrow will be my long run.
Not much snow/ ice left outside now, although the street is in the shade and so is much worse.
When I got home I had some coconut water (we were given this in our Ocado order- it was lovely) and a satsuma as soon as I got home as I was quite hungry, and then made breakfast after my shower.
The pancakes were the best ones I have ever made! I made the batter the night before, as they take so long to cook. I think it was 50g pumpkin puree, 20g peanut flour, 20g wholegrain spelt flour, 1tsp baking powder, and some soya milk. I didn’t measure the milk, jut poured it in until it was a batter consistency. I think using the peanut flour with the normal flour made them hold together better.
Yum yum! With an apple cooked in some coconut oil, and mincemeat stirred in. Plus a little chocolate pb. And a teapigs chocolate flake tea.
Right, onto the 11 things. The lovely Lara has tagged me in a blog award, and if I don’t do it right away, I will forget!
- Each blogger posts 11 random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
- No tag backs.
So, I have to tell you 11 things about me. I mean, I think I ramble on a lot here, so I am not sure if there is anything new. There must be something.
1. My Grandma was Austrian, so we used to visit the extended family there a lot when I was younger, but I have never been there as an adult.
2. I tried to learn German at school, but we moved and I changed secondary schools, so missed the first 6 months, and never managed to pick it up. This still annoys me as I feel I should be able to speak it.
3. I am terrified of spiders. Especially the big black hairy ones. I try very very hard not to look scared when I come across one at school (don’t want to scare the kids) but I have on occasion leapt onto a table because I thought I saw one. Luckily that was after school, so just colleagues saw me.
4. In fact, the first time I met one of my friends (we met at work) was when she came into my classroom and I was stood on a chair trying to hoover up a giant black spider that was hiding under a cushion in the book corner. Great first impression (although she doesn’t like spiders either).
5. I don’t like alcohol. My parents do, and I have tried all sorts, but never liked the taste. Not even alcoholic chocolates!
6. I lived at home when I went to Uni. At that point I could not drive so the journey was 30 min walk, over an hour on a bus each way- think for a 9am, lecture I had to leave home before 7am. Not sure how I did that!
7. It is 10 years since I passed my driving test (as I only learnt in my final year of uni).
8. I hate long fingernails. They creep me out. I always keep mine short.
9. I love Michael Palin- watching him on TV/ reading his travel books. I love that he is so interested in everyone, and he just has a great thirst for travel and knowledge.
10. I was not allowed to wear jeans when I was little. But it never bothered me as I thought they looked like uncomfortable drain pipes. I bought my first pair when I was about 15 I think, and now I live in them probably 50% of the time!
11. I muddle things if they have the same initial letter. For example when I was younger I confused Berlin with Belfast.
Here are the questions Lara wants me to answer:
1. If you have a middle name what is it?
I have two, because I am super special 🙂 :Catherine Louise
2. What is your first memory of a sporting achievement?
When I was maybe 10, I did a 5 mile run with my Dad and friend. I think I hurt my ankle and didn’t run the entire way. But we had trained for it- we used to go on bike rides a lot, and there was a loop that we would cycle around, and then leave the bikes in the car and then jog around it. Actually, when we got home my little brother (who was about 5) asked us “do you want peas or carrots with dinner” which I found so funny as I was so tired and just wanted to sit down (and he didn’t ask how the run was or anything). I should see if we have a photo somewhere of that…
That was the only running I did as a child though!
3. Cat person or dog person?
I do prefer dogs, but I would never want one as a pet.
4. Diamonds or Pearls?
Accessorize? I think diamonds are pretty, but then if I had something expensive like that I would worry about losing it and stuff.
5. If you could support only one charity which would it be and why?
I think it would probably be a local children’s hospice. I support bigger charities like Cancer Research, but I think the hospice does such great work for the children in need, and as it is not a national one it would get less donations.
6. What is your favourite colour to wear whilst working out?
Black. Other colours show up the sweat too much! So always black bottoms, but I do have coloured tops- my fave is a sort of jade green colour.
7. What are you missing the most …. RIGHT NOW?
8. Who snores the most/loudest in your house?
I don’t think either of us snores, but I know I talk a lot in my sleep, and often have conversations that Andy tells me about in the morning, and I can’t remember them at all.
9. Have you ever donated blood?
Yes. I did about 5 times I think (I have the second keyring). I am pretty squeamish, and each time they took the needle out, I fainted. In the end they put on my notes to take less blood, but I still fainted. So I have stopped going now.
10. Cleaning, cooking & ironing … love it or hate it?
I don’t mind cleaning- I find it satisfying, cooking is fine, although when I am tired I don’t always clean up the mess from cooking right away. I never iron. Just hang the clothes up and they dry pretty flat.
11. Do you own home exercise DVDs? If so … how many?
I have the 30 day shred. But that is only for emergencies!
Right, now I have 11 questions:
1. Ideal holiday destination?
2. Favourite weather?
3. Coffee or tea?
4. What magazines do you read?
5. Favourite place to eat out at?
6. Favourite show to see?
7. Would would you order in my cafe? (Bearing in mind I mainly serve tea and baked goods).
8. Do you prefer to exercise alone, or in a class, or with other people?
9. Favourite meal?
10. What is your favourite thing about blogs (writing or reading)?
11. What will do to celebrate your birthday this year?
OK, I am not sure I have 11 blogs that have not already been tagged, so I am going to tag:
And of course if anyone else fancies it, then please feel free. Or just choose one question and answer it.
11 thoughts on “11 things (thanks Lara)”
You are doing so well getting out with that ice! Its really slushie here now but so much snow still! Love reading these questions on blogs you get to know loads about people!
I love Michael Palin too! My friends and I became obsessed with him at uni and used to gather in the common room to watch his programmes.
Well done with getting out and running – I would be too much of a wuss. I’m looking forward to getting out for a walk tomorrow now that the snow is melting.
It was only because I know that the business park by me gets the pavements cleared so they were fine to run on. The other pavements in the housing estate and town etc are awful so I would not be able to run on those at all.
Hey, thanks for the tag 🙂
Aww, you’ll have to call me to rescue you from any spiders: I quite like the little critters. I will accept a couch space for when the snow has melted where you are – it’s going nowhere up here! Some bits were knee deep this morning.
Ice is even worse in quite a lot of ways though – at least with snow you can see where it is.
I did once call a friend who was living in Norfolk because there was a spider in my bathroom- not sure what I thought she could do??
All melted now (thanks to the heavy rain overnight)- so lots of running to be done here 🙂
It’s so lovely to find out more about you in these kind of posts. Your pancakes look amazing!
That’s why I took a photo- I was so impressed 🙂
Great responses, we love Michael Palin in this house too.
Q3 & Q7, I’m a coffe girl but nothing beats a good cuppa tea mid afternoon when its chilly outside …. SO, I’d visit your cafe in the afternoon and add your brownies to my tea order 😉
Sounds good to me 🙂 Better start baking then …
Thank you Maria 🙂
I love these because I like hearing more about people, I never iron either and always talk in my sleep!
Hope the snow’s all gone now, it’s been lovely and mild here, I’m loving it!
I don’t like long fingernails either an always have mine short- I don’t have a clue how my sister manages wearing falsies! I used to get places with the same names confused too, especially Cardiff and Chester, I think they were the same place! I think it is because in Welsh their names are quite similar (Gaer and Caerdydd). I’ll try and get the chance to answer your questions!