So the lovely Allison from Running Princess tagged me in a post, to answer the following questions:
- What inspired you to start your blog? I was reading a few blogs and had recently started running. I used to post on a forum, and really wish that my journey into running was recorded. I used to post a lot more about baking and recipes- my blog has changed a lot over the years I think.
- An elevator pitch for your blog? If you like reading ramblings about running, parkrun and random thoughts then come on by.
- If you could have a conversation with anyone (real or fictional) from any time, who would you choose and why? Michael Palin- I love reading his books (and watching the TV shows), and find his love of travel fantastic. I did see him tour a few years ago and it was such an interesting evening, and he comes across as being so personable. Although in real life as someone who got starstruck meeting Mickey Mouse (as an adult…) I am not sure I’d be much good!
- If you had a theme tune, what song would you pick and why? Maybe the song from The Muppets show- something not too serious.
- Where is your happy place? Nature. Anywhere outside makes me feel more relaxed- even the thought of being outside is calming. My garden, a walk, a park, some woods, or a holiday in the mountains or by the sea.
- Who would you most like to go for a run/cycle/workout with? I wish more of my friends would run, because I just love going for a chatty run and I also think that once people try it, they will find they actually do enjoy it (I only started running in my 20’s and definitely wasn’t a runner as a child). Although theoretically the presenters of Marathon Talk (my fave running podcast) should be good company on a run, I get way too star-struck and would be too nervous (I saw Martin Yelling at the Skid Row marathon screening but no way was I going up to him to say hi even though I am sure he is very friendly).
- Flying or invisibility? Flying 100% . I used to have dreams that I could fly- particularly when I was at first school- my dreams would often involve me running into the wind and then soaring above the playground and field. Plus, who wouldn’t want to fly over busy roads and skip the commute?
- If you could learn one new skill, what would you choose and why? I would love to be able to speak German- my dad’s mum was Austrian, and he did try to teach German to me, but I’d been learning French for several years at school by then so I didn’t manage much.
- What do you want to achieve in 2018? I don’t have any major goals- last year with running I wanted to earn my 100 parkrun t-shirt (which I achieved back in March) and also get to 20 different UK events (achieved in May), and alongside that I wanted to do less races- I only signed up to favourite events which was better for me. I would like to do more parkrun tourism, including possibly one abroad (although that relies on finances), and keep on enjoying running and yoga.
- What made you smile today? I’ve been watching birds in my garden, and each time one of the robins comes into the garden it makes me smile.
So, over to you- pick a question or two and answer them!